- This event has passed.
STEPPING INTO AN AUTHOR’S SHOES – CREATIVE WRITING
April 8 @ 8:00 am - April 16 @ 5:00 pm$249.90
Students will be given the opportunity to write and illustrate their own picture book, which parents can have ‘published’ at https://www.photobookaustralia.com.au/ following the program if they choose to. This workshop program will appeal to students from Year 2 to Year 8 who enjoy reading, writing and thinking creatively. Students will participate in each workshop with up to 5 other students, in similar year levels. As this is a holiday program, the emphasis is on enjoyment, as well as learning.
During the program, students will be involved in a range of literacy activities including:
- identifying and comparing the elements of popular picture books,
- considering the elements of picture books that make them appealing to readers,
- generating ideas for their own picture book narrative,
- planning and writing drafts,
- designing and illustrating a series of pictures to accompany their writing and enrich their story,
- producing a completed version of their own picture book.
**Please note this workshop program involves students completing tasks in their own time, in between workshops. If parents wish to ‘publish’ their child’s picture book, they will need to do so themselves, at their own expense following this workshop program.
This workshop program consists of 6 x 45 minute lessons, scheduled over a two week block- see dates below. We will confirm workshop times on Tuesday, April 7.
WORKSHOP 1 – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8
WORKSHOP 2 – THURSDAY, APRIL 9
WORKSHOP 3 – MONDAY, APRIL 13
WORKSHOP 4 – TUESDAY, APRIL 14
WORKSHOP 5 – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15
WORKSHOP 6 – THURSDAY, APRIL 16