Our tutors use brain researched teaching strategies to enhance student learning.
Neuroscientists have learned more about the brain in the last ten years, than they have in the last one hundred years.
One reason for this is the recent development of technology that has enabled neuroscientists to observe neural activity within the brain, in response to a variety of stimuli and environments.
We now understand so much more about how the brains of our students respond to the learning experiences we provide. These understandings include:
- The brain has an attention filter that prioritises what information is noticed and what information is discarded.
- The brain is not designed for continuous focused input. Learning is more likely to become permanent when we pause, reflect and process new information.
- Our brains seek patterns, and linking patterns builds short term memory and activates prior knowledge.
- Long term memory and understanding are promoted by the opportunity to apply recently acquired knowledge in many different ways, in a variety of contexts.
- Teaching newly learned information to another, is an effective strategy for learning that new information.
- Every learning experience reshapes the brain of a student via a process referred to as neuroplasticity
- Within 15 minutes of exposure to new information, explicit learning begins-and parts of the brain are formed or modified.
- Too much information, or moving from one piece of learning to the next too quickly, guarantees that little information will be learned or retained.
Understandings such as those described above have significant implications for student learning. By embedding teaching strategies that are aligned with how the ‘brain naturally learns best’ into our education programs, we are providing students with an enhanced opportunity to maximise their learning.
Our education team designs lessons are embedded with brain-researched teaching strategies, providing students with learning experiences to maximise their unique academic potential and develop their learning confidence.
Start Optimising Your Child’s School Achievements Today!
Our academic tutoring services have assisted hundreds of students throughout Australia to develop their self-confidence, and improve their achievements at school.
Contact us to discuss your child’s learning needs and academic goals.