Refund Policy and Procedure
The Australian Consumer Law sets out consumer rights that are called consumer guarantees. These include your rights to a repair, replacement or refund where a product or service you buy fails to meet our consumer guarantee.
2. Purpose and Scope
This policy applies to the refund of tutoring lesson fees, workshop program fees and resources that have been paid by students/parents (‘You’ or ‘you’) to Les Mains Pty Ltd Trading As Optimise Learning
Tutoring Lesson Fees
Optimise Learning offers three payment methods to pay for tutoring lesson fees:
Weekly Debits Via EziDebit or Via the Optimise Learning website – payment for lessons are processed at least two days prior to the scheduled session.
Pre-paid individual lesson bundles – a bundle of 10 or 20 lessons can be purchased up front for a 5% discount via EziDebit, via the Optimise Learning website or via a Xero Invoice. Pre-paid lessons and bundles of 10 or 20 lessons are not refundable other than under clause 4 of this Policy.
Pre-paid small group lesson bundles – a bundle of 10 or 20 lessons can be purchased up front for a 5% discount via EziDebit or via a Xero Invoice. Small group lessons are not available for purchase on the Optimise Learning website.
Workshop Program Fees
Optimise Learning offers one payment method to pay for workshop program fees, via the Optimise Learning website. All workshop programs are paid for at least seven days in advance of the first workshop for each workshop program. Pre-paid workshop programs are not refundable other than under clause 4 of this Policy.
Optimise Learning offers one payment method to pay for resources, via the Optimise Learning website. All resources are paid for at the point of sale. Monies paid for resources at the point of sale are not refundable other than under clause 4 of this Policy.
Optimise Learning offers three types of educational services
- One-to-one tutoring programs (‘Individual Lesson’) and;
- Small group tutoring programs (between two and four students) (‘Small Group Lessons’) and;
- Small group workshop programs (between two and five students) (‘Workshop Programs’)
- If you are enrolled in Individual Tutoring Lessons or Small Group Tutoring Lessons and pay via direct debits:
- You will be charged for your first tutoring lesson in advance. This fee is non-refundable.
- You will be charged for your second tutoring lesson at least two days days prior to that second scheduled lesson. This fee is non-refundable.
- You will be charged for all subsequent scheduled tutoring lessons at least two days prior to the scheduled date of that lesson. These fees are non-refundable
If you cancel a scheduled tutoring lesson
- More than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson, you can reschedule your lesson for a different time prior to your next lesson.
- Less than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson or if you fail to arrive for a lesson, you will not be entitled to a refund for that lesson or a rescheduled lesson.
If you are enrolled in a Workshop Program and pay via a pre-paid bundle
If you cancel a scheduled workshop or if you fail to arrive for a workshop, you will not be entitled to a refund for that workshop or be able to reschedule the workshop. Requests for refunds outside of the above criteria will be only be considered by Optimise Learning under exceptional circumstances and on a case by case basis.
Cancellation Where There is a Failure in Delivery of a Lesson, Workshop or Resource
Under the Australian Consumer Law, the tutoring lessons, workshop programs and resources offered by Optimise Learning come with the guarantee that they will be:
- provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage;
- fit for the purpose or provide the services that Optimise Learning and you agreed to; and
- delivered within a reasonable time frame of the scheduled session time/s
Optimise Learning is legally obliged to provide a full refund if requested, where there is a ‘major failure’ of one or more of the guarantees. A major failure occurs where the service:
- has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if they had known about it; or
- is substantially unfit for its purposes and cannot easily be fixed with a reasonable time; or
- does not meet the specific purpose that it was intended for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time period.
If the failure that has occurred is not a major failure but is still a failure on the part of Optimise Learning, Optimise Learning is required to rectify the failure. This might involve, but is not limited to, rescheduling a tutoring lesson, or part of a tutoring lesson.
Procedures for a Refund Request
Should you wish to request a refund, please contact Optimise Learning at [email protected]