Optimise Learning provides students with the opportunity to receive specialised tutoring in English and Mathematics while they attend Outside School Hours Care.
Optimise Learning’s academic tutoring services have assisted hundreds of students throughout Australia to improve their school achievements, and their self confidence.
The curriculum content taught by Optimise Learning tutors has been developed by highly experienced and successful teachers. Resources used in tutoring sessions are based on and mapped to the Australian National Curriculum, which is exactly the same curriculum that is being taught to students at school, regardless of which state they live or whether they attend government, catholic or independent schools.
Brain-compatible strategies and child-centered approaches guide the delivery of individualised tutoring sessions. Parents can access regular feedback in regard to their child’s tutoring sessions by logging on to our secure parent portal.
Our tutoring services cater for a vast range of students, including:
- students who are underperforming at school.
- students who require extension.
- students who are preparing for assessments.
- students who have a diagnosed learning disability.
- students who require assistance with homework or other tasks that have been set by their teacher.
- students who are gifted and talented.
- students who have a diagnosed learning disability.
- students whose first language is not English.
- students who are absent from school for a significant period of time.
What does my child need to bring to their tutoring lesson?
Your child doesn’t need to bring anything to their tutoring session, other than themselves! Optimise Learning provides all of the teaching materials, the worksheets and the resources that your child will use during the tutoring program. We also supply your child with an exercise book and a pencil. Lessons are planned in advance for your child’s learning needs, and taught by the tutor at each session.
Optimise Learning’s communication with parents
We have developed a parent portal to provide you with regular feedback regarding your child’s tutoring. Overviews of your child’s sessions will be written and uploaded to the parent portal regularly by their tutor. Tutor comments will include the curriculum content and topic focused on during each session, as well as any specific skills or strategies that may have been introduced, reviewed or consolidated.
Will my child’s tutor help them with their homework?
No, unless you specifically ask us to help your child with their homework, our tutors will teach your child concepts based on the Australian National Curriculum. Our Student Learning Managers check your child’s current understandings in Mathematics or English by communicating with your child’s class teacher and through their own observations.
TUTORING AT OSHC
Optimise Learning Tutors
- are qualified teachers, pre-service teachers or studying a specific subject at university, that would benefit a student requiring tutoring in that subject.
- have a current and positive Working With Children Check.
- have undergone an extensive application, induction, and training process.
- use lesson plans and teaching resources that have been specifically written and developed for Optimise Learning’s Tutoring Services. All teaching resources are based on and mapped to the Australian National Curriculum, which is exactly the same curriculum students in Australia are studying at school.
- use brain-compatible teaching strategies throughout their tutoring sessions.
- work in partnership with the Student Learning Managers at Optimise Learning to develop individualised lessons for students.
- tutor students individually.
- write tutoring session overviews, which can be accessed and read by parents on our secure Parent Portal.
- tutor students from Prep to Year 6 in English
PURCHASE YOUR LESSONS HERE
Optimise Learning is Assisting Students All Over Australia
My twin 8yo girls loved their online tutoring sessions. The sessions allowed them to utilise technology in the comfort of our home, which was fantastic! Logging into the session was completed with ease. The girls loved tutoring and are asking for more next year. Thank you Optimise Learning for making learning fun, engaging and rewarding.
During the past term, Mr Hand has helped and guided me through the new experience of Distance Education. Having a tutor like Mr Hand has really benefited my grades and allowed me to find a balanced study/dance plan. I have an extensive dance training schedule of approximately 25-30 hours per week. I travel twice weekly…
The Optimise Learning team around Tracey and Peter managed to effectively combine academics with our sport of ski racing, which happens mostly in the Northern Hemisphere winters. The tutoring system gave our athletes the possibility to extend their ski training and competition period in Austria, as well as being focused while studying with the support…
Start Optimising Your Child’s School Achievements Today!
Our online tutoring services have assisted hundreds of students throughout Australia to develop their self-confidence, and improve their achievements at school.
Contact us to discuss your child’s learning needs and academic goals.